dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

strange dreams, new zine received

This morning I woke up from a dream that Al Franken was putting the moves on me. He was eating salad without dressing. I found him very pushy and unpleasant.

There was another part of the dream where I was at choir practice, only there were about 60 people in the choir, and we were singing secret prequel verses of "Amazing Grace." Everything was a mess, we needed to clean up afterwards, and there was a catering company, but they were slacking.

Anyway, I got in the mail yesterday you don't get there from here, Carrie McNinch's newest comix zine. It's sad and lovely. She wrote me a nice note too. I sent her a big stack of old cookbooks a year ago, and she had an offer at the time that anyone sending her an old cookbook (pre-1960s, I think) would be on her subscriptions list for life. That was supposed to be a lifetime subscription for Food Geek specifically, but she's being generous with me.

I got an email this morning from Anto who runs loserdom in Ireland, and he was sending me his new address and url. That was nice, to hear from him. On his site, I watched a video of him collating and binding a zine, which was somehow magical to see because I have collated and bound so many zines, always in private, and seeing someone else do it filled me with peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home