dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

new restaurant

Last night we went to a new Mexican restaurant La Rosa Blanca. It was recommended by Erik's friend T. I was skeptical when we walked in and saw only old white people at the tables. The food was okay. Erik got something with mole sauce, which he really likes and which I don't make for him anymore, so that's good. And it was kinda fun to be out.

The beans were great (but probably not vegetarian--I have a don't ask, don't tell policy, which isn't too smart, I know), my enchilada sauce was good but not stellar. My chile relleno was bland. I think Erik liked his dinner more than I liked mine.

Anyway, I have high standards. I like La Superica in Santa Barbara more than anything. Also my mom's and my own Mexican cooking. And Cielito Lindo in Orcutt. I have yet to find Mexican that I really like in Sacramento--we haven't found a good Chinese place either. It's sad but not too sad because we would rather spend our out-to-eat budget on Indian and Japanese over by the Bay.

It's so close to Christmas, I can feel it, and it's cold here. My zine reviews are done except the last one, for a music magazine called Razorcake that is so not my cup of tea that I'm having a hard time forcing myself to read it. That's the hazard--they have a policy of assigning zines randomly. I really wish I could just say no to music zines and take extra poetry ones instead. I think most people it would be the opposite, though. Reviewing poetry zines is considered similar to cleaning the litter box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home