dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, December 15, 2006

ides of Decemeber

It's windy and winterish out. I'm aggressively procrastinating SAT scoring. I like the way Firefox checks my spelling as I go along.

Strong dreams last night: there was a deformed child who was being kept a secret, and someone wanted to kill her. I was afraid to meet her, but when I did, she was charming, and who cares that she couldn't walk, was missing a hand, and had a cleft palate unsewn?

The night before, I dreamed I was in jail, but I wasn't myself--I was younger and whiter. I was falsely accused of attempted murder. I didn't do it. Jail was a lot like school but 24 hours.

Last night some neighbors smashed the car of some other neighbors. It was the Asians. This morning I saw one of them pick up a smashed driver's side side mirror. He looked a bit wistful.

Some wonderful news is that I got a request from the woman who currently reviews zines for Utne Reader wanting some of my zines. What an honor. I sent two yesterday, the most recent two. Hope she likes them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home