dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, October 06, 2007

carob chip cookies

I made the recipe on the back of the carob chip package--I should have been suspicious when it called for molasses--the cookies turned out good, but not what I was expecting. You can barely taste the carob chips because of the molasses. Also, the recipe calls for wheat germ while all I had was wheat bran, so I didn't follow it quite exactly. Next time I plan to make a plainer recipe to let the carob chips be the strongest flavor.

Can vanilla extract go bad? I had an ancient bottle of it in the cupboard and decided to toss it. It smelled strongly of alcohol, but I think that's the way it's supposed to smell.

Today Erik is hiking in the Sierras with his friend T. It's cold here, so it's probably really cold up there. We didn't have any winter gloves, so he took work gloves.

Listening to favorite songs off Sufjan Stevens' Michigan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home