dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

happy new year

Last night we went to midnight vespers service at my place of worship. Erik set the alarm wrong, so we were just slightly late. We missed hearing Swami blow the conch shell at midnight. But the service was beautiful. And afterwards, everyone was so happy.

Yesterday morning I baked banana bread. I like eating it with strawberry whole fruit preserves. I also like eating it with butter. The recipe I use turns out slightly bland. But it's fat-free and low sugar. With preserves or butter it's delicious.

Erik's watching a MIT physics lecture. Yesterday I started a young adult novel from New Zealand called dare, truth, or promise that I think I'm going to bail on. I can't stand how formulaic the beginning is. I know it will get better, but I'm sick of certain moves. I want to punish the book by not reading it, which doesn't make sense.

Happy new year to everyone.

2 Comments:

  • At January 01, 2008 11:04 AM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    Have you tried white whole wheat flour? I really like it. I've been using it a lot on cookies and other treats.

    Happy New Year to you and Erik! :)

    P.S. I have a new poetry blog now, which I hope you will enjoy--it has an RSS feed, or you can also read it via a feed on Livejournal.

     
  • At January 03, 2008 6:07 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yes, I used white whole wheat flour in the Mexican wedding cakes. I don't know anything about it--I bought it on a whim. I should read up.

    Thanks for your new years wishes.

    And thanks for the info about your new poetry blog. I love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home