dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas

We had a great time seeing our ranger friend and a good time at the party. There were a lot less people there than I had imagined, and we stayed longer than I thought we would.

At the Davis co-op afterwards I bought some powdered sugar for making Mexican Wedding Cakes, a new experimental version using whole wheat flour. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Christmas was beautiful. My parents are taking care of my nieces for a week, so being around them a lot was challenging for me. There's a reason I'll never be a mother. I need a lot of quiet, and my nieces are anything but. Still, I love them, and it was good to spend time with them and with my parents and to see some extended family at the Christmas Day get-together.

Yesterday before leaving Santa Maria we got to see my old friend A. We waited with him for the cable man to show up. We talked about many topics: our families, ghost hunting, food.

Then we drove home, detouring for Berkeley and an early dinner at the Indian-Pakistani place we like, but my rice was dried out, and I wasn't too impressed, though the rotis were delicious and soft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home