dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 30, 2008

at my parents' house

I'm not using firefox, so pardon me if my spelling's atrocious.

Today my mom cut my hair. Then we went out for breakfast at El Pueblito.

Also, I found a $20 bill on the ground. We bought Chandler strawberries. They're delicious.

In the afternoon, my mom and I went to Avila Barn to look at goats. We bought Erik a cherry turnover and bought me some lovely caramels with almond pieces in them.

And we went to Avila Beach, where we walked the length of the pier and walked on the beach, looking at rocks and talking. Then we got Chinese food.

Yesterday I couldn't see my best friend E because she's sick. But we talked on the phone until my cell phone battery was about to die.

We had lunch (falafel) with my friend S and his girlfriend and two kids. That was brief because the boy had a soccer game.

But most of the day I hung out with my dad. He was converting a welding machine from elecric to gas. At least I think that's what he was doing. We went to the hardware store together to get some electrical connector things. It was the first time I'd been in a hardware store in quite a while. I wanted to take some paintchips, but it was such a small hardware store. I didn't feel like I could. We talked about my brother and death.

My mom is crocheting me a tote bag made of plastic bags, which I'm calling a bag bag. I'm reading To The Lighthouse for the second time--Erik's reading it for the first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home