dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 06, 2008

I come from wealth and beauty, untouched by work or duty

Yesterday the most important thing that happened was I talked to an old friend on the phone. I spoke to him as I walked through the Vedanta garden. I told him about the new growth on the fig tree and the grapevines. I told him my religious anguish. He had a headache and lay in bed with his eyes closed.

Now I'm listening to a song I consider a masterpiece ("We Both Go Down Together" by the Decemberists) and dreading another day.

2 Comments:

  • At April 07, 2008 7:46 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    Your call redeemed an otherwise wasted day.

    I had no idea you were a Decemberists fan. That's my second favorite song by them. My first being "Red Right Ankle". Maybe I put them on a CD I sent you? I bet I did.

     
  • At April 07, 2008 8:18 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    It must have been from you. I have "Red Right Ankle" as well and love it as well. Thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home