dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

tonight is just like any other night

This morning I went to P's apartment to help her with her computer. She was having trouble emailing the monthly Vedanta newsletter. After those problems were solved, she gave me a Jin Shin treatment. It was my second time. Then we sat talking in her living room until I was hungry for lunch and had to go. She's going on a trip to Idaho, a family reunion. She'll be back the 22nd.

I sent some important mail today--a letter to my friend J who is in the hospital, and a bill that needed to be paid. I thought J was probably in the hospital--then I got a letter from her confirming it. They're transferring her to a different hospital, one she's been to before but never as an adult.

Then I had therapy--it went so so. We talked about ways to help myself when I'm getting depressed: engaging the five senses, going to a used bookstore or the library.... She suggested volunteering at the library reading books to children, which is actually something I used to daydream about, but now it's the furthest thing from something I'd do.

It's very smoky here--it's smoke world. I hope there's a lot less smoke where Erik is hiking. And it's very hot--I hope it's not so hot in the mountains. I'd like to escape this valley. It's days like this that made me resolve to move to Portland. It's almost the middle of July, which means I survived June, which means something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home