dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, August 04, 2008

postcard from a corn maze

Today for lunch I made blueberry cornmeal pancakes. They were very good: they always are. I like mine with butter and honey. Erik likes his with butter and maple syrup.

For dinner I made lentil soup. It's just lentils with onions, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin. It's subtle and tasty. The flavor of the lentils comes through.

I got a postcard I had been happily waiting for, and I got three zines from the maker of Frothy: Frothy #2, Frothy #2.5, and Cheer the Fuck Upism.

Erik initiated me into the mysteries of ginger. Somehow, he knew all about ginger and I didn't. (He read about it in Ed Brown's cookbook and made a cabbage tofu dish with ginger in it.) I learned how easy it is to peel ginger, and how hard it is to grate it. I learned how it feels to break a piece off from a larger piece. And I learned more about how good it smells. I made Erik some scrambled eggs with ginger and soy sauce and pepper. He loved them. So now I can use ginger at any time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home