dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 01, 2008

goodnight

Today I got in the mail a postcard depicting hundreds of green aliens surfing on golden anvils. I showed it to Erik, and it made him laugh. The postcard is from a new zine friend. She lives in Portland and makes a zine called Below Noon. She sent me #3, and it made me feel happy and silly. It included a madlib which Erik and I completed gladly. Anyway, I think Green Aliens Surfing On Golden Anvils sounds like mnemonic device. Again, I wish I had a scanner so I could show you.

Today we worked. It was mostly painless. It's CSET writing skills, which is a one day job. The best thing that happened was when we got cheesecake. Also, I liked the second prompt. CSET is just like CBEST in that there's a analytical prompt and then a personal, more creative prompt. Everyone likes the second one better, including me.

Tonight was samiti. I was late. My favorite thing was this delicious Indian almond cookie prasad. I also really liked it when two friends kissed me and another said she loved me. I said I loved her too, as I was out the door.

Erik's sick! He had a sore throat and now has a runny nose and sneezes.

Kitty woke us up about ten times last night. That was our punishment for four nights away. Here's hoping for better sleep tonight.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home