dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, December 28, 2008

how Christmas was

So much has happened since last I blogged. I feel sort of intimidated by my own silence. I guess I'll just jump in.

Last night there was bad fighting in the apartment complex. We put in ear plugs and slept. Now there's more fighting, now in the afternoon. It's loud and violent. Someone's playing loud music too. I'm waiting for Erik to finish his tea so we can go out. We need to go to Whole Foods for water.

This morning I went to worship for the first time in quite a while. Then we went to the Borders that's closing down to get 40% off everything. I had two gift cards, so I spent the gift cards. It was kind of fun, kind of crazy. I mean it was holiday-type shopping, where people are grabby and almost frenzied. The type of shopping I avoid. But it was a novelty, and I was okay with it. The line was very long, but we were patient. The people in front of us were spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars, which was interesting.

Then we stopped by Fry's to computer shop. We're getting serious about it. Erik is researching a lot. I really appreciate his hard work.

We got home from holiday travels yesterday in the evening. Our trip to Santa Maria was good. I was feeling down some of the time. I think it's my medication change, but I'm not sure. I got to spend a lot of time with my parents and talked to my mom a lot. I got fabulous presents. I will give a list when we're back from Whole Foods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home