dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, December 22, 2008

this morning

This morning we went to the post office. I thought things would be reasonable there because it was too late to get packages anywhere for Christmas. Wrong! There were 15 people in line and one worker working. I stood in line for five minutes, but the line didn't move that whole time, so I gave up. I had to go to the post office because I got a green slip of paper in my mailbox saying there was a package that wouldn't fit in my mailbox and I had to go pick it up at the post office. I don't know why they wouldn't just leave the package on my doorstep like usual. Must have been a different mail carrier?

Then we went to the bird refuge. I worked on a letter to my friend C who lives in Bishop. And then we went for a walk. We walked in thick mud, and our shoes were caked with it. My feet were heavy with accumulated mud.

I found three small dinosaur toys on the ground near the picnic tables. I was excited. I wanted to take them home and play with them, but I left them on the picnic table in case by some miracle the people with the kid came back. Probably someone else will take them home to play with them like I wanted to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home