dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, January 25, 2009

overdone

Friday we left Sacramento to visit my parents. We got here to Santa Maria on Friday night. We ate pizza and talked with my parents. (We're vegan only at home, and going to stay with my parents is one of the two main reasons.)

Saturday I went clothes shopping with my mom. She bought me three paris of jeans and gave me a pair of hers that didn't fit well anymore. She also bought me socks.

For lunch we went to El Pueblito. My enchiladas were too much for me. It was good to sit at a table together. (At my parents' house, the dining room table is used for eating only on special occassions.)

My mom and I baked a carrot cake for my dad, whose birthday is tomorrow. It was fun to bake, but the cake was overdone. Then my mom and I went to my parents' bedroom and talked while Erik and my dad played a video game that involves killing people.

This morning my parents left for Las Vegas. I did a ton of laundry. We agnoized over whether to stay here another night or head home. We decided to stay here and went to Guadalupe beach. On the way, we saw a rainbow. At the beach, the wind was so strong that it made the sand hitting my face feel like little needles. After some attempts at getting out so I could take a walk, I decided to stay in the car and stare at the waves and read my new book, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. I have heard good things about this book, and I like it so far.

Now it's night and I'm exhausted. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home