dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 16, 2009

yoga mats, dinner, ellipses

We need another yoga mat because Erik uses mine, and he does sun salutes over and over again and gets sweaty, so he gets sweat on the mat, and I don't want to bring it to yoga class like that, so I have to wash it. It would just be better if we had our own mats. So I called around trying to find the cheapest yoga mat in town, and I signed Erik up for freecycle so he could ask for one there. Looks like the cheapest yoga mat in town that can be found at a store might be the $12.99 mat at Target which is out of stock at the Arden Target but in stock at the Riverside Target. So if we don't get one freecycle, we might go there.

For dinner I made a stir fry of broccoli, carrots, green garlic, garlic, and tons of ginger. We ate it with whole wheat couscous instead of rice because we were short on time. It was so delicious and so healthful, but when I have a really healthful, vegetable-y meal like that, my reaction immediately afterward is "Where's my ice cream?" We haven't had anything ice cream-like in the apartment for months. Also, we're long out of cookies. I owe Erik a carrot cake from a promise a couple weeks ago....

Had some consternation about ellipses recently. I thought they were always three dots, but I learned they can be four if they end a complete sentence. So I was proofreading P's latest interview, and I had some four-dot ellipses and three-dot ellipses, and he called wanting to know what the deal was. There was another difficulty, which was when an ellipse is embedded in a sentence...like this, or when an ellipse just trails off entirely, like this.... It was a difficult phone call for me, because I want P to think I know what I'm doing and to trust me, but there can be differing opinions, and interviews are weird because there are a lot more ellipses and m-dashes than in regular writing.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home