dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

SBMG, riverside, asking people what to do

Sunday night I went with Erik to a meeting of the Sacramento Buddhist Meditation Group. Erik always wants me to go with him, and somehow he convinced me this time. Usually mediation is 40 minutes, but that night's meditation was cut short. I was actually doing very well--for some reason, the atmosphere was good for me. Then there was a talk by Reb Anderson. I thought it was good. He was putting forth a vision of enlightenment that has to do with helping others, and helping others means being fully yourself. He took questions from the attendees, and hearing the questions was painful. As we drove home, we saw the full moon, beautiful and yellow near the horizon. It was good to be out.

Yesterday we went to Fair Oaks to the riverside. We wrote. Erik ran, and I walked. It was sort of hot in the sun and okay in the shade. I started The Year of Magical Thinking--yesterday I got around a third of the way through. It's very sad. Like, I'm not sure I should keep reading it. But it's fascinating. It's about death, how Joan Didion reacted to her husband's sudden death.

Today and tomorrow Erik is working outside the home. This afternoon I'm helping P do the bulletins at Vedanta. This morning I wrote some emails I'm nervous about, trying to get the Samiti website all fixed up the way we want it. So I emailed the president of the board about some info we need from her and emailed the woman who does our website with some corrections. I don't feel comfortable asking people what to do.

Tonight is women's writers group, and I should bring a poem or some kind of activity. We're working on a play, which will take half the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home