dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Central Library

Today we went to Central Library. I asked about Andy, who is the person on We Make Zines asking for zine submissions for the new zine library there. The worker I spoke with said he hadn't seen Andy today. I had in my bag two zines to donate--Culture Slut #11 and Fight Boredom #1. I'm quoted in the latter--I give my strategies for fighting boredom. It's from two years ago. Of course I'll donate my zines too, ones that are still in print.

I like Central Library, but the security guards everywhere make me nervous. I like its size, and I like browsing the for sale books, the classics section in particular. There are a lot of old crap books there, though--they need a clearance sale, start over.

Today I wrote a letter to a friend in upstate New York and read the two above-mentioned zines.

Erik's making broccoli with garlic and ginger for lunch. My friend A is coming to see me today. I had some insomnia last night but slept in, which may have made up for it.

Tomorrow Erik and I are attending day two of the San Francisco Zine Fest, and I feel happy about it, a little nervous too. The bookbinding workshop I want to attend is from 4-5, so I don't want to get there until about 3:30. I wonder if there's a sign up sheet. I hope it's not already full by the time I get there.

I also want to go to the bay area free book exchange in the morning, and Indian-Pak food at lunchtime, and maybe some fun in San Francisco, like the Ferry Building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home