dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

the story of my day

I've got me some strong decaf iced Earl Gray tea with soymilk. And I'm ready to tell you the story of my day.

This morning Erik and I went to McKinley Park. I walked, but not for my complete half hour because my left calf had a problem it's been having lately, a crampiness, but it seems to be in a tendon.

So I only walked about 20 min. Then I sat at a bench to write a letter to my loved friend J in Australia. But there was a mower, a huge tractor-like machine mowing the grass quickly in large swaths. So I had to move. Then I sat at a bench near the duck pond.

But then about 50 kids showed up. So I moved again.

Then a bunch of adults showed up. But they were okay. Then they left.

Then Erik got done with his run, and we moved back over to the duck pond, but the kids were singing "I said a boom chicka boom" which is a charming song, especially when they sing it at top volume all screamy.

I said a boom chicka boom.
I said a boom chicka boom.
I said a boom chicka boom.
I said a boom chicka boom.
I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom.
I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom.
Oh yeah?
Oh yeah.
All right?
All right.
etc

So we moved to the other side of the duck pond, and the bench we found was half in shade, half in sun. I took the shade, and Erik sat on the ground.

But then the mower came by. We moved again, this time near the big wooden play structure. There we stayed until blah blah blah.

We came home, and I made mung dal. It turned out delicious.

Yesterday we decided to go to Trader Joe's for tortillas and cherries (Erik wanted tacos, and I wanted cherries), and I said we should take the truck because it needs to be driven every once in a while. Erik agreed. But when he tried to start it, it wouldn't start. The radio tried to come on, but the battery seems to be dead.

So we need to decide what to do. I think tomorrow morning we'll jump it and see if it starts. Then we'll drive it around to charge the battery. Then we'll try to drive it every other day to keep the battery charging. I know it's not time for a new battery already. We got a new one just a couple years ago. How long should a battery last?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home