dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, August 03, 2009

everyday life

Yesterday we went to Central library (we like to go on Sundays because parking's free and because it's one of the only two libraries open on Sundays). Erik got some classical music CDs and art books. I got two novels I was looking for: Stone Butch Blues and Madame Bovary. I need to research translators for the latter to see if I picked up a good one.

After that we went to McKinley park and sat on a bench in the shade and just talked. Erik talked a long time about the past. It was gorgeous out, very comfortable 80s with a pleasant breeze.

I've been reading a long interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono called All We Are Saying. It's kind of a funny title because John Lennon was shot not long after the interview. Yoko Ono still has a lot to say, though.

I had terrible dreams last night of Erik being trapped in a cult and trying to get him out. I woke Erik up and made him promise to be skeptical, which he really is.

Today we went to the big county medical building to drop off a prescription. It was from June 30th, so I was worried they wouldn't accept it, but they did, no problem. Then we went to Howe park so I could walk, but my left calf has been cramping up. I didn't last long. Then we went to the thrift store so Erik could look for a USB keyboard. He wants one for the laptop. They didn't have one (which is not a big surprise--they're newer), so I asked for one on freecycle.

1 Comments:

  • At August 05, 2009 11:28 PM, Blogger Jenni Morrison said…

    Hi, it's Jenni, aka Rawkyoulikeahurricane from the zine site. I like your blog, and your zines look great too! My blog is at rawkyoulikeahurricane.blogspot.com if you want to check it out some time!

    Have a great night!
    jenni

     

Post a Comment

<< Home