dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 07, 2009

or something like that

This morning we went to Howe Park and got some exercise. The pond shore was lined with fisherpeople. I worked on a letter to my penpal K in Finland (asking her if she's tried tar-flavored candy or ice cream) and looked at blackbirds. Lately I've been enjoying Belle & Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister which I got out from the library. Last night I talked on the phone with an old friend S for almost an hour and a half. We spoke of Fourth of Juplaya, exes, religion, a very large microcomputer, a dumpster fire, popcorn shrimp.... I've been working on some poems that are no good and hope to get them out of my system and write some good ones. Someone hit our truck and bent the license plate. Erik says it's a misfortune magnet or something like that.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home