dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, October 05, 2009

pain

Today I went to county pharmacy to pick up my medication and was told I would no longer be able to get it there since I got Medi-Cal. (I found out that I got Medi-Cal, but my share of cost is more than $2000 a month based on their misunderstanding of our income.) The workers at the pharmacy told me that the county pharmacy is only for people who have no insurance, and Medi-Cal is insurance. They said I need to go to a regular pharmacy and have them call county pharmacy to get my prescriptions transferred. Meanwhile, I happen to know that a regular pharmacy charges hundreds of dollars more than county does. So we're screwed. I called my Medi-Cal caseworker and explained the situation and asked what would happen when we went to the regular pharmacy to try and get my medication. He kept explaining the concept of share of cost. I get the idea. What I need to do next is call a regular pharmacy and ask if there's a discount for people with Medi-Cal. That's all I can think of. My Medi-Cal caseworker said it's possible to refuse Medi-Cal--I can't remember how he phrased it. I would be better off without it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home