dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

three beans

Went to Temple II today--wrote a note, finished a long letter, and almost done with Meat Is Murder by Joe Pernice. Then we went to the co-op where I got three new kinds of beans for sprouting! They are adzuki, lima, and black eyed peas.

On the way out I asked the person at the desk if she knew whether Natural Value waxed paper is vegan. She said, "Prrrobably?" I said, "Maybe I should contact them directly." She said, "What are you worried about?" I said, "That there might be something animal-y in the wax." She said, "I don't think we would carry it if it was gross." Yeah, like the whole, uh, butcher department doesn't contain animal products?

Raining again. I sent a bunch of mail today--birthday present to bestie, letter and zine and postcards to the ButterSwords, zines to Icarus pal, and zines to Anno Domini in San Jose. There's a helicopter circling, and it's pissing me off!

4 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2010 4:03 PM, Anonymous Jen Hernandez said…

    Yippee!

    I also interchange "garbanzo beans" with "chickpeas" almost every time that word arises. Somehow I think I choose which word to say based on the person I'm talking to. Not sure why or what standards of measure are in play though.

     
  • At January 14, 2010 9:35 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yeah, I've thought about that a lot--I write so many letters, and what I say and how I say it varies greatly based on who I'm talking to, and some people I write letters to I don't know very well, so it's like I'm making up who they are and speaking to that imagined person, and it's weird how actually to some degree we're always going that.

     
  • At January 16, 2010 8:55 PM, Blogger HardtravelingHero said…

    I've been reading Buttersword since you wrote about and linked to their comics. I enjoy it.

     
  • At January 17, 2010 9:03 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home