dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Three Degrees: A Zine About Autism

Hi, everyone. This is not a zine I'm making but a zine my friend Megan is making. If you have any experiences with autism, please submit! If you have friends who do, please ask them to submit! Megan is a vibrant, creative person as well as being dedicated and hard-working. I'm confident she'll do a great job with this zine.

***

I'm looking for submissions for a new compilation zine called Three Degrees: A Zine about Autism. I'm looking to compile essays, poems, photographs, and art about your personal experiences with or perspectives on autism. The name of the zine is derived from the theory that everyone knows a person with autism by... you guessed it... three degrees. I chose this title to reflect that autism can affect pretty much everyone.

I want to include submissions from a wide variety of people. Maybe you're a parent or sibling, a teacher or caregiver. Maybe you have a family member or friend who has autism. Maybe you've only encountered a person with autism once. Maybe you yourself are on the spectrum. Do you celebrate neurodiversity? Do you hope for a cure? As a sibling myself, I'm particularly interested in other sibs' experiences, but like I said, I'm looking for a variety, including all the feelings that experience includes: joy, frustration, love, embarrassment, reward, etc.

Submissions can be as short or long as you like, but keep in mind I'm on a budget, so try not to submit something that will take up more than three half-sized pages.

No derogatory or hateful submissions will be accepted.

Deadline for submitting is March 1.
Please send submissions to: meganallore @ gmail . com

All participants will receive a free copy of the zine.

Can't wait to hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home