dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, February 07, 2010

dal facts

Last night I made red lentil dal for dinner. The recipe calls for a can of diced tomatoes, but Erik's paranoid about canned foods but especially canned tomatoes because of BPA. So I guess we will be avoiding buying canned foods form now on, what a pain in the ass--canned beans are so convenient! Canned garbanzo beans are / were big around here.

Anyway, we happened to have three large organic roma tomatoes on hand, so last night I used those instead of canned--once the onions and garlic were cooked, I threw the tomatoes in the onion pot, chopped up small, and cooked them for 10 minutes or so.

This was one of the best batches of red lentil dal ever, so I am happy to report that fresh tomatoes are excellent in this recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home