dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, February 15, 2010

guess what?

Well, we went to our favorite park yesterday for a walk, and then we sat at my favorite picnic table. I wrote a letter to my friend who's having a birthday--a beautiful card that says "You are a rare bird." Then mosquitoes started swarming us! But we didn't want to leave. But then it was getting ridiculous. One bit me right next to my wedding ring. "There's one on your head!" I told Erik and smacked him upside the head. So we left.

We went to our favorite cafe. Yesterday was warm, so they had the doors wide open, and guess what? There were mosquitoes there too! But only a few, and I don't think they bit us.

Started reading another graphic memoir called Epileptic. Like it a lot more than Blankets.

2 Comments:

  • At February 15, 2010 10:10 PM, Blogger HardtravelingHero said…

    I couldn't finish Epileptic. The art and ink are so dark and pervasive. I constantly felt on edge and very uncomfortable reading it.

    I still own it, but don't know if I can ever finish it. Apparently David B is one of Marjane Satrapi's influences.

     
  • At May 06, 2010 4:22 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yeah, I didn't finish it either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home