dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, March 27, 2010

trouble solved

Erik's having trouble with his computer. Or maybe the router? I have internet just fine, but he doesn't. It's really a pain for him. Meanwhile, scoring is supposed to go through Tuesday, so he really needs to be able to do that. I guess he can use mine.

The neighbors have set up camp on the stairs, and we took the truck to the post office and library. I sent a book to S in Santa Maria (which was f-ing expensive--should have forgone the note and sent it media mail), a card to N in Austin, a letter to A in Northville, and six zines to that library in Olympia.

At the library I had about 11 things waiting for me including a Tegan & Sara CD--a friend in the Netherlands was telling me to listen to them, so I will. Our friend P told us to read this book called Amazon Beaming that's about someone's adventures in the Amazon, so I requested it for Erik. And I got Dearest Creature which is Amy Gerstler's most recent book of poems, I think. (She was our teacher at UCI.) I guess I'm most excited by a comic book about prison reform, The Real Cost of Prisons, which was put out by the same press who did My Baby Rides the Short Bus.

Erik's computer has internet again.

1 Comments:

  • At April 03, 2010 6:13 PM, Blogger HardtravelingHero said…

    I currently have the following out from libraries:

    Band of Brothers Complete DVD Set

    Band of Brothers Disc 3 (before the other library got the full set in since I though this was going to be the full set, but isn't)

    Fareed Zakaria's The Post-American World audio book

    Lord Jim film adaptation (I have yet to read the Joseph Conrad book)

    A Home at the End of the World by Michael Cunningham

     

Post a Comment

<< Home