dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, May 03, 2010

M's visit three

Today M came to town. We went to my favorite park and walked around. We smelled the roses in the rose garden for a long time. They're blooming like crazy.

Then we went to lunch at Tower Cafe, a Sacramento treat--I had never been there before. We ate out on the patio--it's a warm day. I had spinach ravioli, and it was heavy but nice. She had a tostada.

Then we went to a cafe and sat outside and talked for a long time. We spoke of relationships and work and birth control and travel. People we know or knew. Her neighborhood, her boyfriend. I'm putting together a picture of her life now and getting a better sense of who she is now. She told me that a long time ago our teacher said she was a strange combination of violent and cerebral, and I was surprised he said "violent"--I would say "dominating" or "aggressive." But maybe love is blind.

This was visit three of the reacquaintance.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home