dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, May 15, 2010

three things

1. When I first got mint from my friend H's garden, I put some in a large mason jar to keep it fresh, and it grew roots!

2. Tonight I finished washing the dishes, something that had not been done in a long time. Some plastic containers had been stacked to the left of the sink for days, and I finally got to them by washing dishes twice today. Go me!

3. While making dinner I broke two wooden spoons. I was stirring some very solid just-out-of-the-can Eden refried beans, and my spoon broke. Then I grabbed another one, and that one broke too. "Dare I try a third?" I asked Erik, who had heard my cries and was scoring SAT. He said yes. This was a solider spoon I had designated for sweet things only (like oatmeal) because the default is for wooden spoons to get all garlic scent stained. So I liked keeping one just for sweet things. Anyway, need some more spoons. Out with the old, in with the new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home