dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

vegan mint chocolate cake

Tonight I made this cake.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/13305/vegan-chocolate-mint-cake.html

It's so good! I used fresh mint from my friend H's garden.

The only problem is the pureed prunes. Pureeing the prunes with my hand blender was just short of traumatic, so I will never make this recipe as is again. However, I am thinking about making it next time with 1/4 cup canola oil and 1/4 cup apple sauce in place of the 1/2 cup of pureed prunes.

It was cooking and I asked Erik, "When's the last time you smelled a chocolate cake baking?" There's nothing like homemade chocolate cake.

2 Comments:

  • At May 14, 2010 8:33 AM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    Can you get pre-pureed prunes? I thought that Sunsweet made some product like that, although I guess it wouldn't be organic.

    I am catching up on your blog. Also, I like your exchange w/ Erik about quicksand. ;)

     
  • At May 14, 2010 1:02 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    You know, I was wondering if it was possible to buy pureed prunes, but I didn't have time to check the last store I visited. Makes sense, if enough people want to bake with it.

    Thanks for reading my blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home