dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Davis, four bowls

Today we went to Davis. We went to farmers market and looked at all the beautiful stuff. Then we went to the arboretum and sat in the redwood grove for a while--I worked on a letter. Then we went to Borders so I could look at their cards and Erik looked at the poetry*, but we didn't buy anything.

Then we went to the Davis co-op where I bought some wonderful foods: cherries, raspberries, plain soy yogurt, peanut butter that doesn't need to be stirred, and most especially some Terra Nostra ricemilk chocolate that tastes so so so so good. It tastes like an Easter bunny.

Then we came home for dal and went out again to a thrift store for bowls. I might go to a party tonight, and I want to bring those raspberries, and I always lose my bowls, so I thought I'd buy some thrift store bowls that I don't mind losing. I found four, and one of them I really like and might keep. It's an orangey red and has a chunky shape. Three of the bowls were 67 cents and one was 97.

* Robert Hass has a book out The Apple Trees at Olema which is new and selected poems. It's hardback and $35.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home