dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, August 23, 2010

results of thrift store shopping

Yesterday we thrift store shopped. I found some jean shorts, a black teeshirt, a gray teeshirt, and some brown pants. They're simple. Erik found a gray windbreaker as well as a long sleeved off-white hiking shirt. He's wanted one for a while, and we lucked out. He also found a black winter cap (it gets below freezing at night in Yosemite this time of year, strangely) and a stylin' green hat. It looks like something Fidel Castro might wear.

Today we went out to lunch with S and A. It was unusual for me to be in a group of people, and I met S for the first time. Everyone was very nice. We talked about books, movies, work, fantastic news stories, A's new dog, Erik's backpacking plans.

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone sees the freecycle wanted ad I posted for a warm vest and long johns for Erik's trip and has those items to offer. I suspect a vest might be expensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home