dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

bad tooth news

This morning I went to the dentist for a check up and cleaning. I've been having some cold sensitivity in one of my teeth on the lower left. Well, it turns out I cracked a filling somehow. Or I cracked two fillings. The dentist tells me I need a new filling in one of them and a cap on the other. The bill will be about a thousand dollars.

I have no idea how I managed to crack two fillings. The dentist was really surprised that I don't remember an event.

I think the dentist I go to is expensive. I'm going to try calling around.

2 Comments:

  • At September 07, 2010 10:23 PM, Blogger morgret said…

    It's a bit far, but University of the Pacific has a dental school in Stockton. You can often get cheap work done there. I got work done at UCSF that was half the normal rate, and they took insurance too. It did take longer than usual. My husband got a crown for free as it was someone's final project.

     
  • At September 10, 2010 11:52 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Thanks for your advice--I did a little research, and I think I'll call them to find out how much it would cost and how long I'd have to wait.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home