dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

zine reading

Tonight there was a reading at Avid Reader in Davis, a zine reading, and I was the first reader. I read "crisis" and "shame" from functionally ill 7, though I cut a few paragraphs. The event was organized by Tomas of Rad Dad, and it was nice to meet him. It was part of a zine tour that will culminate in the San Francisco Zine Fest this weekend.

What I read may have been the most serious thing of the whole reading, but people laughed at a few parts anyway, which surprised me.

I had to be very brave, and my hands were shaking, but I did it. I showed up and was heard. It was my first reading since the year 2000 during grad school.

Also in the news, we got our annual gift from the company we score for. They sent us BPA-free plastic coffee mug things. They're white with green lids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home