dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, October 23, 2010

fall is here

Rain time, rain world, rain life, raining in earnest. Today I went to choir practice. Afterward P sprinkled me with a sacred potion. It was leftover sacred potion from Vijaya last week. I left before that night's sacred sprinkling, so I was getting a makeup sprinkle today. I came home from choir practice, asked Erik to smell the top of my head, and asked him to guess what happened. He guessed incense.

At choir practice we're practicing for C's memorial service, Kali puja, and Jagadhatri. After P sprinkled me, I went with her to the bookstore where I chatted with a devotee who wears nice rings (I covet them). He had a green hat on the floor that he put on his head before leaving. He was just in Vietnam. He had a photo album with him that I wanted to peek at, but he left.

I got a nice letter from R in England today as well as a stack of zines from W. I was profoundly shaken by one of the zines and think I still need to cry.

But I did my three hours work today and we're supposed to be finished on Tuesday. Then we'll have two weeks off and can put our life back together after SAT chaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home