dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving dinner

This was our first Thanksgiving on our own in quite a while. I made a vegan feast, but we didn't eat it all at once--I didn't have everything done at the same time. We ate in courses. First I made cornbread for stuffing. Then I made roasted potatoes and rutabaga. Then I made the stuffing. Then I made Hungarian mushroom soup. All were delicious and decadent. It was my first time making cornbread stuffing, and we like it a lot. It was my second time making the Hungarian mushroom soup. This time I didn't oversalt it. It was pretty good oversalted, but I couldn't eat it without being afraid I'd drop dead from high blood pressure. So this batch is better.

I am thankful for the health of myself, Erik, friends, and family. Being young and healthy is the greatest gift of all. I'm trying to enjoy my youth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home