dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

discomfort

Yesterday we went to the bird refuge. It was actually closed on account of flooding. But we parked outside the gate. I finished two letters and wrote a third while Erik birded.

Today I'm going to see my friend P at the skilled nursing facility. I hope to be more comfortable this time. I don't want to burden her with my discomfort.

I've got the Christmas presents all wrapped, the very few I'm giving--parents, aunt whose name I picked in the draw, best friend. We never got a card out to Erik's dad, unfortunately. Quite a few people never got cards.

Yesterday I got a card from someone I hadn't heard from since around May. I thought I'd lost her. I've been writing to her periodically this whole time, and I finally had just given up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home