dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

lentil soup actualized

I got the idea for this lentil soup from the lentil patties I made.

onion
4 cloves garlic
bay leaf
2 cups lentils
2 potatoes
2 carrots
salt

Saute the chopped onion in olive oil until slightly browned. (I was out of olive oil so I used Earth Balance.) Add the garlic and saute another minute.

Add the washed, sorted lentils. Add water to cover them and then some. Add the bay leaf. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.

Add the chopped potatoes and carrots. Simmer, covered, for another 15 minutes. Add about half a teaspoon of salt. Simmer another five minutes. Taste and make sure everything's soft and delicious. Serve.

***

This is about the simplest lentil soup but feels so wholesome and nutritious and good. If you're in the mood for something fancy, do not make this soup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home