dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 27, 2011

vegan soy chorizo refried bean burritos

For lunch I made some pretty standard burritos with refried beans and soy chorizo, but I added onion and bell pepper, which made them much better.

small onion
half a bell pepper
salt
half a package of soy chorizo
one and a half cans of refried beans (Rosarita and Eden)
cayenne

Cut the onion and bell pepper half into pieces. Saute in olive oil until browned. Salt and put in a bowl.

In the same pot, saute the soy chorizo, browning it. Add the refried beans, stirring well. Heat the beans and soy chorizo until bubbling. Add a little cayenne.

Heat four large tortillas. Divide the bean mixture among the four tortillas. Add the onion and bell pepper mixture. Fold and serve.

***

Erik actually likes more cayenne than I do, so I dish my beans, add more cayenne to the pot, and then dish his beans.

If you don't like onions, then you could do bell pepper and garlic, maybe, instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home