dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, June 11, 2011

my favorite necklace


One time in a letter my friend SN said she made vegan necklaces, and I was like, what's a vegan necklace? So she said she'd make one for me and send it to me in the mail. But she wanted me to really like it. If I didn't really like it, I was to send it back to her and she would try again.

So she sent me this necklace, and I fell in love with it. I began wearing it almost every day. Nobody else seemed to like it, though. No one ever mentioned it, and I didn't know why.

But then after I had been wearing it for maybe a year, people started saying they liked it. I don't know what changed.

2 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2011 1:15 PM, Anonymous MC said…

    The little wooden cube beads appeal to my tiny toy obsession. I could set one inch army men behind it as if it were a fence barrier. Or I could pen tiny dinosaurs inside it looped.

    It reminds me of rolling dice.

    Now I want to make something. I guess it's an inspiring necklace.

    I like it.

     
  • At June 11, 2011 1:46 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hey, thanks, MC! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home