dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, July 15, 2011

seeing K

Yesterday I went to the zoo and met K there. She was standing out in front of the zoo reading a book. A lot of people were around. But we got to go into the special line because she's a member.

We looked at animals. Highlights were the red pandas, the lemurs. The lion roared, which was kind of scary. As it began to roar, people ran to see it. I liked seeing the giraffes get fed, their dark prehensile tongues. I liked catching a glimpse of a tiger and some zebras. I like seeing the people, like the little boy who was fascinated by the koi.

But mostly I just wanted to talk to K. We talked about my trip to New York and Burning Man a little bit and Icarus a little bit and friends. Vehicles. She drove me around the block a few times when she was dropping me off at home so we could talk a little longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home