dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

mystery fruit

Erik told me he was at habitat restoration and some guy had these squash that were so delicious. He cut them up, sprinkled lime juice and red hot stuff on them, and they ate them. The guy gave him some to take home.

I was trying to figure out what they were. The guy said pepinos, or something like that, and P said they were chayote squash. I explained to Erik on the phone what chayote squash are like. But we didn't have a match.

Yesterday I came home from my long trip, and there were two lemon cucumbers on the kitchen table. I thought that was strange and they must have been left over from before my trip. I knew they were old, and I thought, "That's a shame," and threw them away.

Can you see where I'm going with this?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home