dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, November 13, 2011

soup

I was making soup--it was almost done--and suddenly I smelled a wrong smell. "Holy crap!" I said, or something like that. I ran to the kitchen, took the pot off the burner, and turned off the heat. I took the lid off the pot and stirred. I definitely burned my soup on the bottom.

But the burnt stuff stayed stuck on the bottom, and we ate some soup, and it was so good. It actually got more delicious each mouthful. I wanted more. But by then the burnt stuff had softened and was no longer stuck to the bottom. It was coming loose. So I carefully, not scraping the bottom, dished myself another bowl, and Erik dished himself another bowl. Then I carefully dished the rest into a pretend tupperware. And all was well. The end!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home