dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

the Getty

After the zine fest, and after lunch at Samosa House East, which was delicious, we went to the Getty. It was our first time. It was a Sunday, and it took an hour to get through the road from the freeway to the paying booth (it costs $15 to park) and finally to a parking spot. Then we waited in a long line to take the tram from the parking area to the museum. We met my friend L at the top of the stairs near the statue of a naked boy holding a frog.

Then we looked at art for an hour or so, took a snack break, and looked at art for another hour or so until the museum was closed. Then we stopped by the gift shop and bought a few postcards--I got two postcards of James Ensor paintings we unfortunately had not seen.

The city views from balconies were good. Erik and L took pictures I haven't seen yet. After the visit, we walked from the museum to the parking structure, a 15 minute walk, and it was getting dark. We enjoyed the views of the cars on the 405, their red and white lights.

I don't know if we'll ever be back, but I hope to go back one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home