dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What Would Jesus Buy?

My best friend is at a Buddhist retreat, and Erik's working a lot. I'm trying to do a good job taking care of myself in their absence. Today I made vegan lemon bars, sweet potato biscuits, and potato leek soup. All are wonderful. Erik will be home from work soon. It's been rainy. I walked to the blue mail dropbox this morning in the rain to send a letter.

Today I watched What Would Jesus Buy? It's a movie about Reverend Billy and the Stop Shopping Gospel Choir. I feel so much sympathy toward Reverend Billy and his wife and all the choir members. I already agreed with the movie's whole premise. But it's good reinforcement. Like I don't need any more stationery, even if I do buy it for $2 at the thrift store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home