dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, June 04, 2012

new neigborhood

Today we went for a walk in our new neighborhood.  It was raining, which is bizarre--it just doesn't rain here in the summer.  We visited a cafe where I got a vegan blueberry muffin and M got coffee.

We found the thing we were looking for: McClatchy Park, where farmers markets are held.  It was triumphant to find.  And there's a bike park there, on former tennis courts, which looks like a skate park but is not.

We visited a bookstore I liked a lot.  The stationery was great--I especially liked the postcard of Sojourner Truth and a card with a picture of a painting of a little girl in an orange dress.  (Ah, orange is my color of the year--no wonder.)  I had the revelation that I should be the stationery buyer for a large bookstore.  Other than zine librarian, this would be the perfect job for me!

Well, I'm sorry I forgot my camera.  Next time I will take pictures of our new neighborhood for you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home