dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

special rice

Last night I saw my friend K.  I played with her kitties while she made dinner.  I liked to see their acrobatics and when they disemboweled the toy.  K made us salad, peanutbutter and banana sandwiches, and this delicious butternut squash soup.  I don't usually like butternut squash soup, but this one was made with parsnip and was heavenly. 

I told Ming that and he said we should plant parsnips.  The guide we looked at online said to wait till May.

Work starts tomorrow.  I have had more than a month off.  I feel okay about it, but I probably won't feel okay in a few days.

Yesterday I made some special rice.  It turned out delicious.  Though I was afraid I put in too much cayenne, I did not.  I used green salsa when usually I'd use red, but it was still great. 

olive oil
chopped onion
chopped garlic
half a cup to a cup green salsa
half a can diced tomatoes with juice
sallt
pepper
chili powder
cumin
cayenne
two cups rice
three and a half cups water

I could have put a spoonful of better than bullion--maybe it would have been tastier if I had.  But it was really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home