dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 20, 2013

hurray! hurray! hurray!

Yesterday we went to a vegan fall picnic at this former boyscout camp.  There were huge acorns.  We drank tea, talked to friends, walked around, checked our raffle tickets when they did drawings. 

My favorite part was talking to this person who was running the concession stand.  He wore glittery nailpolish and asked me about my hat.  He told me Canada is not expensive and that Ming and I need to go back.  "Did you get your healthcare while you were up there?" he asked.

My other favorite part was when our friend T said, "Follow me," and led us to free food she brought to share.  It was vegan Chinese, I think.  She runs Anna's Vegan Cafe, and I don't know what kind of food that is, but it's very good.  And so inexpensive!  Vegan lunch specials $4.95 including soup!  Vegan Thai iced tea for $1.95.  I always get the eggplant and tofu in black bean sauce, and it's a delicious heap of food with rice and a crispy roll.

Last night we did bread pickup and had no car trouble.  Yesterday we had choir practice.  We also went to the SPCA thrift store so I could look at their great notecards.  The worker didn't feel like counting them so gave them to us for a dollar.  I was stoked.   

All these phonecalls to make and letters to write.  Luckily I slept the night.  Three cheers for sleeping the night!

1 Comments:

  • At October 21, 2013 8:14 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Nice score on the notecards! :)

    Thank you for your zine! I owe you an email. I've been feeling really tired and I've been slow to write anything at all (including necessary school stuff, alas).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home