dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, December 14, 2013

atheist billboards, malfunctioning cell phone dream, prayers for rain

Gmorning.  We played tin whistle together, and it was fun.  Now it's too early.  It's still dark out. 

I awoke from a strange dream about traveling with my parents and trying to dial 911 on my phone but the numbers wouldn't press right.  I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, but that didn't work. 

Today we have choir and bread pickup.  I think we'll be okay. 

Last night we prayed for friends and for rain.  "Do you think it will rain tomorrow?" Ming asked.

"I doubt it," I said.

There are a lot of atheist billboards that have popped up around town.  I can't decide how I feel about them.  Lots of people probably hate them.  I don't know where I'm situated.  I think it's fine but seems like a waste of money--people will think however they think about the atheists, and wouldn't the money be better spent other ways? 

But you can say that about anything.  How can I buy nailpolish when people are starving?  Most people do stuff like that all the time.  How can I make zines when people are starving?  Well, I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home