dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, January 03, 2014

not egg day

Spent yesterday in Berkeley.  Ming and his kids saw the new hobbit movie.  I wrote letters and read vegan cookbooks at the library.  It was fun.

In the morning we went to the botanic garden.  It was Ming's first time seeing it, and I liked showing him around.  I think he liked the carnivorous plants best.  I liked the dudleyas best, of course.  Here's a wikipedia pic of one of my favorite kinds.


In the evening we ate Indonesian food with Ming's mom.  I had some tempe.  It was delish.  Ming had curry jackfruit.  Ming's mom had street style noodles with chicken.  They looked great, a huge pile of noodles. 

The purple on my TIME + SPACE nails is chipping away at the edges.  I should probably take it off.

I just got home from free breakfast where it was not egg day despite it being Friday.  It's schoolkids who make the eggs and pancakes, but they must be off school for holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home