dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, October 18, 2014

not entirely true

Backyard tomatoes are good in sandwiches.

Do you know this idea that you chose your family before your birth?  It's some kind of...reincarnation idea, or some idea of souls sitting up in heaven deciding "what they need to work on" in this life.  I think it's bogus, but it's so popular!  Why are so many people into this?  I think people want to feel like they have some control over the situation?  Or a way to justify radical forgiveness?

I decided on a song to work on, I think.  I'm taking voice lessons.  It's called "Present" by Thorn Coyle and it's pretty intense.

http://thorncoyle.bandcamp.com/track/present

It's about resisting, loving our opponents, line crossing, the sticky situation of getting arrested by someone who doesn't want to arrest you...  The song came out the year I graduated from grad school.  Feels like a long time ago.  I told someone that I was addicted to poetry and not political at the time.  But that's not entirely true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home